Monday, July 11, 2011

The big 30!

Well it's official. I am 30. No longer can I say I'm in my 20's, and while it was a great birthday, I felt a little let down. I think, as a whole, there was an excitement around turning 30. And it seemed like such a big deal. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting? That I would wake up and be more mature, intelligent, sophisticated. That I would finally find my place in the world, or understand my part...not too sure. But it has just been a number. And thanks to some great friends and family I had a great time.


Some of the best friends I could ever ask for planned me a surprise happy hour. And thanks to Katherine conning my husband into getting me to run a last minute errand I showed up with it being a surprise, and not me being the first one there! It will definitely be a day I won't forget anytime soon!And then we had people over to our house for a bbq. It was a great time, and wish I had gotten the camera out earlier. Some of the greatest people to ever step foot into my life were there to celebrate. There were definitely people I missed...my sisters and the kids for sure and my other family and friends that couldn't make it. But it was a great weekend and I'm glad to say I managed to turn 30 without it hurting too bad! ;)

No comments: