There is a tv show on the National Geographic channel that I was quite obsessed with watching a few months before we brought Watson home. It showed all of the crazy things that dogs eat and the measures that had to be taken to save them! I feel now like watching that show jinxed us. So you ask, what did Watson eat? Well a section off of a beach towel. Yep!! A 1/2" to 1" inch strip down the length of a 6' beach towel. I still really have no words for the shock of it all. What could have possibly possessed him to eat that?
We had just been home from Canada one day when I noticed he had an accident in his crate. So I pulled out his normal blanket for the wash and tossed in the towel so he would have something soft to lay on. Didn't even cross my mind that he would eat any of it, let alone SO much of it. He was passing a lot of it so we gave him one night, but by Friday morning, after he threw up his breakfast, I knew I had to take him in. Our amazing vet did her magic and pulled 4 1/2' of towel out of his stomach. Thankfully it hadn't moved into his intestines! He stayed the night on a cocktail drip of pain meds, I was a wreck.
But he got to come home the next day and though it took him time to adjust to wearing the t-shirts to protect his seven inches of stapes he healed up very well!! 
But he got to come home the next day and though it took him time to adjust to wearing the t-shirts to protect his seven inches of stapes he healed up very well!! 

Two weeks later we had the staples removed and he is back to his loveable, crazy self!! Although now we have taken away all his stuffed toys and no more blanket in his crate!! No more towel eating for this boy!
"What mom, I was bored, and this blue towel was so yummy!"


1 comment:
Oh buddy. You can see that he is feeling better by the last photo though. Silly puppy.
Post a Comment