Wednesday, August 10, 2011

**Edit**

I debated deleting this. But decided it was best to keep for myself.

Watson is fine. Perfectly fine.

I let his toenails get a little too long. So one of his poor toes was getting twisted painfully every time he would walk/run on it.

They have been trimmed down. The limp is gone. I have learned my lesson.

And I never called the vet!!


My boy is limping...has been since I returned home from a work trip to Montana on Sunday. This time it is not his paws. It is one of his front legs. He has not cried out, and he is still the happy, playful lab as always. I'm trying not to let bad thoughts creep in. I did do a little research (wrong thing for me to do), google is my worst enemy at times like these. However, I found a lot of talk of a condition called Panosteitis, which in english, is "growing pains". There is a lot of research that this effects large breed dogs when they are puppies, often between 5 and 12 months, but sometimes up to 2 years. Watson falls into that large, fast growing breed and he turns 1 at the end of the month. I am praying that he just pulled a little muscle, or is experiencing these so called "growing pains". I'm not sure my heart will be able to handle anything worse...


Tanner's cancer the last month of his life was so traumatic for me. I have found myself worrying about Watson more than I ever worried about Tanner and I feel that experience has contributed to this worry. Not to mention all that we have already gone through with Watson. His neuter, his feet problems and his choice of snack foods. I have to find a way to stay positive and know that this will pass with no serious issues. I am resting him and have placed him on some leftover rymadil from a prior vet visit. My hopes is that in a few days the limp will disappear and he will be fine. Fingers crossed...this boy certainly doesn't need anymore vet visits.

1 comment:

B said...

I love you, friend.