Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Deep Breaths...

Whoo....just got a little nervous! Had an amazing appointment with my neuro three weeks ago, he is letting me off the hook for a few years if all goes well with the MRI's he requested.

Happy.

Really.

Happy.

But then I make the call to schedule and I feel like my heart is in my throat. I really believe things will be fine and there will be no new spots. My heart really does believe that. But my brain is questioning itself...I haven't had a brain MRI in two years. I guess the truth of the matter is, I've come a good distance in 3 years...I know it is what it is. But in the long run that doesn't change the way I feel when it comes right down to it. Hoping my heart is right, and my brain is just playing dirty tricks on me.


Does it hurt to not have the family support I have counted on the last three years? Yes. A little. Maybe more than that. But it doesn't affect them the same I guess. And maybe I shouldn't call it support. I know they support me. Just feeling a little alone for the most part. maybe more. It may not be a big deal for them.

But for me.

It's still a pretty big deal.


So...Monday I will ride out the three hours in the tube. a week from then, I turn 30. and in between all that, it may just be time to finish out my Old Chicago tour, therapy with friends will get me through I'm sure.

No comments: