Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial 2009

Memorial weekend was another great one spent at Honholz! The weather was really great, only rained about an hour while we were up at camp, and then a few times while we were sleeping. I love getting away for these trips. Gives me a chance to really relax and leave work behind!! There is no doubt Scott counts the minutes until he can be in the mountains and Tanner obviously loves it as well! Here is the dirty mutt!!
The boys fishing...yes, I was the only girl, again!
Getting a fish off the hook...
Ready for his picture, but I clicked the camera one second too late!!! Awww, shucks!! Dad and one of his fish...I have found a new love of the mountains! I have always enjoyed fishing, hiking, 4-wheeling, and camping, but after finding my first moose shed last year I have added that to my list! I was able to find another moose shed this year (quite a bit larger than the one last year) and a deer shed!! These are helping the feel of our country living room!!Scott is still trying to help me improve my aim and comfort level around the guns. I'm not sure it's working, but I try!Jennette couldn't make it up this weekend with us, but Ernest was able to make the trip as well as our neighbor Mark. With only two four-wheelers between the four of us (dad wants his own before he starts coming on these trips with us), Ernest and Mark had to share. Not sure how happy Ernest was about this! :) Here we are overlooking Honholz Lakes #2 and #3. I love it up there!!!On one of our 4-wheeling trips we found an area that had been hit with a grassfire. Made for some cool looking trees.Overall, another great trip to Honholz! Now the countdown is on to our Alaska trip!! We can't wait!!!

No comments: