Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Florida trip and catch up!!

A few weeks ago I was invited to meet my friend and old roommate (from Freshman year in college), Kendall, down in Cabo. All I would pay for was my flight and then the room would be free as we would be staying with her Aunt's timeshare. Unfortunately we were close to the cutoff when the swine flu was just setting panic into everyone and Kendalls' Aunt was advised not to travel to Mexico due to some health concerns. So last minute we all booked a trip to Key Largo, Florida. We had a great time relaxing on the beach, driving the lenth of the Keys, snorkeling, and just having a good time. It was good to get away and I considered it my celebration trip, 1 year neuro appointment was a positive one!! :-) Now MRI in a week (and my fingers are crossed for it to be lesion free), wonder where I shall go after that...Antiga, Hawaii, hmmmm...(ha ha!)
Anyway due to our change in plans we brought our traveling swine!! As this became our swine flu vacation!! Here he is in the Charlotte airport!
Here is a picture I took specifically for Scott. Who would have thought to make a glass bottle look like a gun!! This is Kendall and I on our hotels beach on our first night and first sunset!! We went to dinner this first night at a place called Snapper's and I had the best Yellowtail!! Yum!! We also fed some of the Tarpon that hang out at their dock!! They were huge!!

Prepping to feed the Tarpon!! And yes, it was a dirty job!!


We also took an ECO tour from our hotel. We went into the Everglades national park and saw a lot of great wildlife. Including a dolphin, horseshoe crab, dwarf seahorses, and a spanish dancer (shell-less crab). This first pic is of a Mangrove forest in the park.


The dolphin that played around our boat for a few minutes.


One of the beautiful sunsets! Our beach was so calm you never had to deal with waves, which meant you could easily pull your lawnchair right out into the ocean to relax!!
Another beautiful sunset (we didn't miss one!!)

We drove down the keys from our hotel and went all the way to Key West where I stood at the Southernmost point in the US!! How fun! We also stopped at a beach along the way which happens to be the only natural beach in the keys called Anne's beach. We walked out in this water and it was like walking in bath water, unbelieveably warm!!

Our last night we went to dinner at Isla Muerada's Fish Company, it was a beautiful restaurant all outdoors. I had to show Scott that I ate at the original as we have one at his favorite place to shop in Denver, Bass Pro Shops!
We also went snorkeling in one of the most beautiful reefs I have ever seen (which isn't many), but we saw some amazing things! Brain coral, fans, and the fish were so colorful. Truly amazing to see what this world has!!

Before leaving for Florida I had a few other fun days!! One was opening day for the Rockies with friends!! It's always so great to see my girlfriends, even better if it means a half day off of work!! And sun!!

One of my closest friends also just introduced her little miracle into the world!! Kaden Forsha was born April 4th! I know he has had some tough days, but he sure is handsome!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Beautiful....looks like a fun trip!!