Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's been a rough couple of weeks.

Yes, I've had worse. The weeks where I've lost a loved one or struggled with my health. This has been different.

Work has been a bit of a struggle. Good and bad. Learning a lot, but some days I have feel like I am spinning my wheels rather than getting any actual work done. Realized that good people get let go. Really good people. I understand it. But didn't make saying goodbye any easier.

My patience has been tested with more than one person and more than one attitude. Arrogance at it's best. I am learning how to stick up for myself though. However, I was also accused of being "mousey". First thought, ouch. That. Hurts. But, wait...i kind of have been. At this point I see it. Not sure it's the worst thing in the world. I would rather be a little "mousey" than a lot rude or mean.

Work has been kind of small potatoes. Yeah, I spend a lot of time there, and it's important to me, but then I get that reminder about how precious life is.

She is my age.

Grew up down the street from me. I remember playing at her house. Her playroom in the basement was the best! Partly because she was an only child and there were no siblings to compete with! Her dad had lost a toe in a motorcycle accident, it fascinated me. Her mom was always around if we needed her, and I remember how she loved to work out. Or maybe just her love of spandex. Things we remember as kids I guess.We didn't keep in touch in college, but facebook caught us up. I've wondered for a while...but hearing hasn't hurt any less.

She's dying. At 3o.

They say she won't live to do the things I hope to. I want to make things easier for her. So I'm doing the only thing I feel I can. Reminding her I'm here and she isn't alone.

Hug them tighter tonight...I plan too.

1 comment:

B said...

Oh sweet, friend. I am so sorry. I will give you the biggest hug tonight. I will hold you close. Prayers. XO