We laid Tanner to rest over the 4th of July weekend. We knew Honholz was the place for him. It was always his favorite place to be and we left him with an amazing view. He will forever to be able to watch over the lakes! Fishing at that lake was his favorite thing!
We buried him under a flowering bush that we can come visit anytime we are camping. And we made sure it was secluded enough that no one should mess with it.
Scott and I made a marker for him but didn't want to put it right with him, so we put it out on the point a few yards away. Scott did a great job finding the spot and securing it!


It was difficult, but easier than we both thought. We knew that this was the right place for him and I just still feel so lucky we had him at all! And it feels good to have a place we can go visit him whenever we want.
Dad and Scott helped make the weekend enjoyable even if our purpose for going was hard. We got out on the 4-wheelers, got a little wet, even got hit by a little hail!
And then the sun came out...
And the fishing was good as always...
Dad caught a few guppies,
Mine were a little bigger!!
Ok, so maybe he helped with these too, but I am proud to say I did catch the largest of the weekend! We definitely had a great trip!
We buried him under a flowering bush that we can come visit anytime we are camping. And we made sure it was secluded enough that no one should mess with it.
Scott and I made a marker for him but didn't want to put it right with him, so we put it out on the point a few yards away. Scott did a great job finding the spot and securing it!


It was difficult, but easier than we both thought. We knew that this was the right place for him and I just still feel so lucky we had him at all! And it feels good to have a place we can go visit him whenever we want.Dad and Scott helped make the weekend enjoyable even if our purpose for going was hard. We got out on the 4-wheelers, got a little wet, even got hit by a little hail!
And then the sun came out...
And the fishing was good as always...
Dad caught a few guppies,
Mine were a little bigger!!
Ok, so maybe he helped with these too, but I am proud to say I did catch the largest of the weekend! We definitely had a great trip!

1 comment:
Megan, again I thought about you so much last weekend..but seeing that marker made me cry. Tanner was and still is so loved. Thinking of you and glad you had a nice time.
Post a Comment