May 26th I get a call from Scott who had heard that a bad hail storm moved through our city. I immediately checked out the local news stations to hear the latest. Soon after we started recieving texts from our neighbors that the damage was bad, we both decided to head home. I was only a few blocks away and couldn't see what all the fuss was about, I didn't see any hail on the ground and none of the trees, bushes, or houses looked damaged. Unfortunately, our neighborhood was not so lucky. Right before turning into our subdivision, traffic was stopped so that 3 snowplows could leave our street. I knew things weren't going to be pretty. And pulling onto our street to a news van, I knew we were in for a mess!!
This picture was taken a few hours after, so some had already melted, but we had about 6 inches of hail on the ground when we got home!
And it wasn't small hail! 






Overall, we had broken windows, sliding door, outdoor lights, grill, firepit. Our trees and bushes shredded, and my newly planted flowers destroyed...It was pretty devastating at first, and now it is just a headache dealing with insurance, adjusters and contractors. But it could have been worse and that is really all that matters. And after a few more storms that night including a little more hail, we were reminded how lucky we are to live in Colorado, even if the weather never seems to be able to make up its mind! 
This picture was taken a few hours after, so some had already melted, but we had about 6 inches of hail on the ground when we got home!
And it wasn't small hail! 






Overall, we had broken windows, sliding door, outdoor lights, grill, firepit. Our trees and bushes shredded, and my newly planted flowers destroyed...It was pretty devastating at first, and now it is just a headache dealing with insurance, adjusters and contractors. But it could have been worse and that is really all that matters. And after a few more storms that night including a little more hail, we were reminded how lucky we are to live in Colorado, even if the weather never seems to be able to make up its mind! 

No comments:
Post a Comment