Life certainly has a way of shocking us all back into reality in an instant. And in the instant you are reminded how very short life is...and to never take a day for granted.
Our dear friend, Ernest, lost his dad on Saturday. He was on his way home from a motorcycle rally riding his new pride and joy, when a wrong way driver hit him. He made it to Farmington for further testing before his heart let him go. My heart breaks for his whole family and everyone who knew him. I had the honor of spending time with him numerous times since I met Scott and Ernest, most recently on our trip to Telluride. He was a great man. Let Scott come down to hunt when he got his first and only Elk, I know that will always be a very special memory for Scott. He was so proud to show us his new Harley over the fourth that Ernest, and his two sisters had gotten for him for his recent retirement. And most importantly, he brought Ernest into this world. Ernest has been the best friend to Scott and we owe that to his parents. I hope Ernest, Jennette and their entire family can find comfort in all of the memories...

Grandma broke her foot on Saturday as well...hoping this convinces her it's time to move to a downstairs apartment. I know that is a blow to her ego and may be the last thing she wants to do, but we all just want her to stay safe.
My first grade teacher is fighting a brave battle against pancreatic cancer. I became close friends with her daughter when she finally joined us at the same school in high school. Her boys are coming home this weekend from the Army and Navy...sending their entire family prayers and love...
Counting my blessings today...

No comments:
Post a Comment